Saturday, March 18, 2006

Our Saturday Out

Allie and I decided yesterday that we would get up today and go out to have breakfast together. It is really cool to be able to plan fun things with my daughter. It is even cooler that she is able to give me input as to where we should go and what we should do. It has always been great to have her to be my side kick as I go out and shop, but now she is at an age where she can actually have input as to where we go and what we do..and it all make sense!
Anyway, we got up and by the time that we got ready it was 11:30. Well, at that point most places had stopped serving breakfast so we went to the infamous Huddle House where they serve her favorite..biscuits and gravy. She enjoyed herself and I enjoyed it because she enjoyed it. She was so excited that we were able to get up and go out together. She is so use to me getting up and going to work...it is nice to have two out of seven mornings where I get to wake up and hang out with her. Lots of fun.
She and I did a little bit of local shopping today. She is a great little helper. She helped me to get groceries today. Always a good little helper. I have been blessed with a sweet little helper!
A couple of Saturdays ago, she and I took off and went to the Asheville Mall. We had a blast! We were not going for any reason other than to get away from Sylva for the day. We went to the bookstore and spent soooo much time. She spent a lot of time picking out some really cool books that she was able to come home with. While we were in the bookstore, she was able to look out their glass walls and see the fun ride that they have in the middle of the mall (they strap you in and you start out jumping on a trampoline...when they cut the machine on it helps you to jump...really high!). Well, she was nonetheless mesmerized by this cool ride. She did not beg and plead to ride it, she just (very pleasantly) let it be known that it was cool and she would love to "one day" be able to ride it. I knew at this point that we had to go down and check it out. Lo and behold you only had to be 25 pounds to ride it...and she is 45...so she was able to ride it. She loved it. I got some really cool pictures of her on my phone..it was great. I now know that it will be a tradition for her to ride this each time I go to the mall. We enjoyed a few other cool stores in the mall, enjoyed an ice cream cone, and unfortunately witnessed a guy getting malled by the police for shoplifting. It was at this point that she and I discussed what it means to steal and the trouble (obviously) that you can and will get in to! We left the mall and went to Target for a while. We had loads of fun. We rolled back in to the town on Sylva, oh, about 10. It was great. I intend to have another one of those dates with my daughter very soon! She is a lot of fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Flo said...

How fun! There is nothing like a girls' day out!!!!

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home