Monday, February 27, 2006

Soccer Mom Already?

Okay, so for the last two weeks Allie has been saying the following to me, "Mommy, will you please go and sign me up for the soccer team?". Well, I just thought that this was something fun that she and her playmates were talking about at Miss Jill's so I played it off as if I would sign her up. Well, just last week (Thursday) when I was picking Allie up from Jill's, Allie asked me if I had gone to sign her up yet. I replied to Allie that I had not signed her up yet because it was not time for soccer. Well, lo and behold, I was wrong. Jill spoke up and told me that she had signed Jacob up and Heather had signed Alivia up. How exciting! I then told Allie that I would go and sign her up. She has been so very excited. But, my question is, can this really be happening already? Was it not just day before yesterday that I was pregnant with this child??? Oh my goodness...she is already starting to play sports...and do that whole growing up thing. Don't know what I am going to do...well, besides haul myself to the recreation center after school today and get her signed up! It will be so exciting. I hope that she gets to play on the same team as Jacob and Alivia. I think that she will be heartbroken if she is not on their team. I hope that will not discourage her in playing if she is not on their team. Although, I must say that Allie makes friends with just about any other kid so I know that she would do just fine. Anyway, I just can not believe that it is already that time for me to be thinking about signing her up for sports. I am VERY excited and hope that she plays many different sports. I don't care if I am running her around daily...I want her to be active, having fun, and off the couch! Not that she is "home and on the couch" now, I just don't want that to be a habit she starts. Okay, well, I guess that I will go and sign her up today! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home